Saturday 9 April 2016

Signs - Part I

I don't know about you, but, I really enjoy seeing signs where the message is given with humour, or, wit. It makes being told what to do a little bit more palatable somehow when it puts a smile on your face. I'm also partial to an inventive marketing gimmick and even an occasional typo that results in laughter. Here are a few we've encountered in our travels recently. I hope to add to the collection over time. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did...

A typo in this boat ad made me laugh out loud because it perfectly describes our current lifestyle!
"She has proved an excellent performer in all weather, and a perfect live aboard for extended expiration off the beaten path."

How about this on a portable sign outside a tanning salon in Kelowna:
"White buns only look good on hotdogs"

From Steveston BC:


From Deep Cove BC:


There's a fleet of these cars with an Orca fin on top driving around West Vancouver, I always smile when I see one.


From Bowen Island BC (guess you wouldn't see many places in the world today where tourists are encouraged to hitchhike?):


And last but not least, this sign, which is from near Cranbrook BC. I didn't take the photo, somebody emailed it to me, but, it will be apropos for us as we'll be heading into bear country this summer. The text is long, but, you must read all the way to the end!



No comments:

Post a Comment